Monday, March 10, 2014

Mountie Monday: 24601


Hey, Mounties! Only a few more days and then we're on spring break! Stay strong during midterms!

On Friday, I saw Mansfield University's Production of Les Misérables. I was blown away by the entire performance, to say the least, but you can read more about my thoughts about that on Wednesday. Today, for Mountie Monday, I'll be featuring the lead of Les Misérables, Benjamin Eisenhour. Benjamin played Jean Valjean and brought me and many others to tears. 

Benjamin was raised in a very music oriented family and was constantly surrounded by it, growing up. When Benjamin was falling behind in school, he used music as his outlet and that's where his love for it was really discovered.

After joining the choir, Benjamin found out that he had a knack for singing and it naturally progressed from there. His first ever singing lesson was actually here, at M.U., given by Dr. Kim!


Name: Benjamin Eisenhour

Year: Junior

Major: Music with an emphasis in Technology

Hometown: York, PA


What made you choose Mansfield?

Ben: I chose Mansfield University because it is probably one of the best music schools in the entire state.

Favorite professor or class and why?

Ben: My favorite professor here is Dr. Monkelien. She has been basically like a mother to me by guiding me through these past couple years.

Favorite event at Mansfield and why?

Ben: The Chef's Fare* that goes on every year. I love tasting all the different gourmet foods Manser has to offer!

Favorite memory from Mansfield:

Ben: My favorite memory has to be when it really clicked, in one of my lessons with Dr. Kim, what I needed to do to sing the proper way.

If you had to choose, what was your favorite part about being involved with Les Misérables?

Ben: My favorite part about being in Les Misérables was having people come up to me after performances and explaining how I had touched them in some way with my singing/acting.

*The Chef's Fare is an event where different schools within the state compete to see who can cook the best meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment