Wednesday, January 29, 2014

What's Happening Wednesday: Fraternity Recruitment Week

(Borrowed image from here.)

Hey, Mounties! Please excuse the tardiness of this week's What's Happening Wednesday. This week, Greeks are hosting their recruitment events, so I've been all around campus trying to cover whatever so I can share it with you!

I wanted to feature the fraternities at Mansfield this week because even though the media sometimes gives Greeks a bad reputation, we do work hard in many different ways, for many different reasons (no...this doesn't mean partying). Hopefully, at the end of this post, you'll be able to see the fraternities at Mansfield in a whole new light and if you're interested, make sure you check them out!


First up, we have Alpha Kappa Lambda (AKL). When I showed up to AKL's game night in Oak's Multipurpose room, they were all very welcoming and seemed to be having a ton of fun. When I think of AKL, I think of community service and philanthropy. I have never seen any organization work as hard for community service as these guys do. Other than community service, they're all just genuinely nice guys that work hard and make Mansfield a better place. Oh, and if you couldn't tell by the picture, AKL isn't afraid to have fun and be goofy sometimes! 


Next up, here's Phi Sigma Kappa (Phi Sig). When I was walking up to Phi Sig's porch, I came across the smell of someone grilling up some grub. Walking in, I instantly felt relaxed. It's pretty easy to feel that way around Phi Sig because they don't try too hard. Their event was basically chowing down on some burgers and chilling out, which makes it easy to feel at home. Also, these guys are always very involved in their philanthropy (which is the same as my sorority's), the Special Olympics. During the fall semester, my sorority (Alpha Sigma Alpha) and Phi Sig get together to help the Special Olympics with bowling and during the spring semester, swimming. 


Last, but certainly not least, there's Sigma Alpha Epsilon (SAE). These guys played dodgeball for one of their events, which doesn't surprise me because they like to get competitive and have fun. Out of all of the fraternities, I'm probably the closest to SAE. They were the first fraternity I really got to know at Mansfield and I've developed friendships and memories with them that I'll never forget. Whether it's hanging out with them during Relay for Life or just seeing them on campus and stopping to chat, they're always a blast to be around. What I like the most about SAE is they're completely trustworthy. That statement doesn't mean that the others aren't trustworthy, but I just know most of the guys on a personal level and honestly can't say a bad thing about them, even if I tried.

Hope you all enjoyed getting to know the fraternities a little bit! I'm really glad I got to know all of them and honestly think they make Mansfield a better place.

Have a good rest of your week and make sure to check back on Friday to get an inside look on the five days of sorority recruitment!

No comments:

Post a Comment