Monday, February 3, 2014

Mountie Monday: Mountie Chills in China




Hey, Mounties! I can't believe it's already the third week of the semester! Time really flies when you're keeping busy with school work and activities. 

This week I chose my neighbor for Mountie Monday. I remember him telling me that he had an internship in CHINA... yes, CHINA! That must have been such an amazing experience and figured you all might want to hear about it as well!

It seems like communications runs in Tyler's family because his uncle owns a media company (HK Magazine)! Tyler's uncle took him on as an intern in 2013. Tyler filmed and edited videos for different apps and for their YouTube account. Lastly, Tyler got to help plan and host a huge event for HK Magazine's 1,000th issue.



Name: Tyler Savarese


Year: Senior

Major: Mass Communication w/ concentration in Broadcasting

Hometown: Milford, PA

Organizations: MUTV (Co-Editor)

What made you choose Mansfield?

Tyler: I was a pole vaulter in high school and was recruited for Mansfield's track & field team. I finally decided to commit to Mansfield when I found out about the renovations to Allen Hall (Art, Communication, and Theatre building) though.

Favorite professor or class and why?

Tyler: Dr. Lee Wright and Contemporary American Humor because there is nothing more interesting than learning about the strategy of humor while being able to laugh at the same time.

Favorite event at Mansfield and why?

Tyler: Battle of the Chefs because its the best time to use your meal plan and finally pig out in upper. 

Favorite memory from Mansfield?

Tyler:  Coming into Mansfield I was second guessing my decision and trying to transfer until I met the guys I lived with in Maple 2B. This group of rowdy and reckless athletes created so many funny stories and memories which made me stay for the next 3 years.

Tips for interning overseas:

Tyler: The number one tip I would say for interning overseas is to try everything and stick with the local norms. We as obvious Americans stand out but can enjoy ourselves more by adapting to the local cultural norms.

No comments:

Post a Comment