Wednesday, February 12, 2014

What's Happening Wednesday: Check Out the Two New Guys at MU


Hey, Mounties! For those of you that haven't heard, there's a new place on campus to grab some grub! For the students that haven't tried Einstein's yet, I thought I would go test it out and let you know what I think. According to Einstein's website, they're "the nation's largest operator of bagel bakeries and the leader in the quick casual segment of the restaurant industry, Einstein Noah Restaurant Group is moving with the cultural shift toward food that is fast, but never tastes that way. Think fresh-baked goods, made-to-order sandwiches, crisp salads and gourmet coffee." Sounds good to me!


My roommate came with me to Einstein's so I could share an opinion on more than one menu item. She ordered the Tasty Turkey which had a ton of semi-thickly sliced turkey, fresh tomatoes, spinach, cucumbers, and a whipped onion and chive cream cheese. She claims that it was a perfect mix of "zesty, salty goodness and fresh veggies". I also tried a bit and agree! I was going to order the Tasty Turkey at first but was afraid I wouldn't like the onion and chive cream cheese... but it was surprisingly really good!


If you know me, you know that I love buffalo chicken anything. So it probably doesn't surprise anyone when I say that I ordered the Buffalo Chicken Bagel Thin. The sandwich comes with grilled chicken, lettuce, tomato, onion, buffalo sauce, and reduced fat cream cheese. The grilled chicken tasted really fresh and the buffalo sauce gave it the kick that I always crave. I wasn't sure if I would like cream cheese with buffalo chicken, but it cooled the sandwich down a little while adding some extra flavor. If you like buffalo chicken anything like I do, then I definitely suggest giving this one a try.

Overall, Einstein's was a success! The only thing I would have to complain about is how you can't use a meal from your meal plan to eat there. I don't understand the technicalities of why Einstein's doesn't accept meals, but it can definitely turn into a struggle when you start to run out of flex.

No comments:

Post a Comment